• 2 kg chicken bones, chopped into smaller pieces
• 1 onion
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 1 celery, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves
• 20 g ginger
• 10 g black peppercorns
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• filtered water
• Prepare a large pot and place all the ingredients inside.
• Fill the pot with 4 litres of filtered water and leave it to rest for around 30 minutes.
• Bring the mixture to simmer, then reduce the heat to low.
• Cover and cook from 12 to 24 hours. The longer you cook your bone broth, the richer it is in collagen, mineral and flovours.
• If you do not feel comfortable leaving the broth over the heat for that long, you can place the whole pot (covered) in the fridge overnight and restart the cooking time in the morning.
• During the first cooking hours, the white foam may rise to the top – simply remove it with a spoon.
• When the bone is ready, strain it through a fine sieve and transfer it into large jars.
• You can store it in the fridge or freezer.