(makes around 650 g of granola)
• 200 g oats
• 100 g buckwheat groats
• 60 ml coconut oil, melted
• 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup for the vegan replacement)
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 150 g mixed nuts
• 100 g chia seeds
• 50 g puffed brown rice
• 50 g 70% dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
• Preheat the oven to 170° degrees and line a large tray with a baking parchment.
• In a large bowl (if you are using a stand mixer use the stand mixer bowl) combine the oats together with the buckwheat groats, melted coconut oil, 2 tbsp of honey, sea salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
• Mix until well combined. Pour the mixture onto previously prepared baking tray and use your hands or wooden spoon to spread it evenly.
• Bake for around 20- 25 minutes until golden brown, siring couple of times to make sure granola is baked evenly.
• Let the granola cool completely for around an hour, then add mixed nuts, chia seeds, puffed brown rice and chopped dark chocolate.
• Mix evenly and transfer to a large jar.
• Serve with cold milk or yoghurt.