BUTTERNUT SQUASH CURRY SERVED WITH BROWN RICE
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• 3 tbsp red Thai curry paste
• 400 ml coconut milk
• 200 ml vegetable stock
• 400 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into small pieces
• 50 g spring greens
• 200 g rice to serve
• 1 tbsp fish sauce (skip for the vegan recipe)
• 2 tbsp soya sauce
• juice of 1 lime
• spring onion, chopped, to serve
• coriander to serve
• peanuts to serve
• Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large size pot over a medium heat, add the garlic, onion and ginger and cook for 2 minutes until golden.
• Add the curry paste and simmer for 1 minute until fragrant.
• Pour in the coconut milk together with the vegetable stock, then add the butternut squash.
• Cook for 20 minutes, then add the spring greens and cook for another 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
• Meanwhile, cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm in a covered container.
• Remove the curry from the heat and season with the fish sauce, soya sauce and the lime juice.
• Divide the rice and curry into serving bowls and garnish with spring onions, coriander, and crushed peanuts.