DARK CHOCOLATE CRISPY BARS
• 200 g dried apricots
• 100 g smooth almond butter
• 60 g wholegrain puffed rice cereal
• 50 g pumpkin seeds
• 50 g sunflower seeds
• 20 g chia seeds
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 100 g 70% dark chocolate
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Sea salt
• Place the apricots and the almond butter in a blender and blend until this forms a smooth, sticky paste.
• Place the rice, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl and add the almond paste.
• Mix slowly until the ingredients combine and the mixture is sticky.
• Line a baking tin (or any other square dish) with parchment paper and press the mixture into the prepared dish – make sure the ingredients are packed tightly.
• Melt the dark chocolate and add 1 tsp of the vanilla extract to it.
• Pour the chocolate over previously prepared puffed rice mixture and sprinkle with sea salt.
• Place in the fridge for an hour until chocolate is set.
• Remove from the fridge and cut into bars.