MUSHROOM BUCKWHEAT (KASHA) “RISOTTO”
• Olive oil
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 200 g buckwheat
• 150 ml white whine
• 1 l vegetable stock
• 200 g your favourite mushrooms (I used mix of chestnut and shiitake mushrooms)
• Bunch of herbs (I used parsley and coriander)
• Sea salt and black pepper
• Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a deep, large frying pan over a medium heat, add the onions and garlic and fry until golden. Add the buckwheat and toast for 1 minute.
• Pour in the wine and cook until half of it is reduced.
• Add the vegetable stock in batches and simmer over a medium heat for around 25 minutes until buckwheat is cooked.
• Meanwhile, heat up a small frying pan and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Fry the mushrooms until golden. Season with fresh herbs, sea salt and black pepper.
• Add the mushroom to the buckwheat, mix gently and divide between 2 serving bowls.