PORRIDGE WITH HONEY POACHED PLUMS AND WALNUTS
• 4 plums, quartered and stoned
• 2 tbsp honey
• 100 g instant oats
• 300 ml of your favourite milk (I used almond milk)
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• Freshly grated zest of one small orange
• A handful of crushed walnuts
• 1 tbsp good quality honey or maple syrup
• Heat the plums and honey in a small size pan over a medium heat for around 4 minutes on each side, until soften and slightly caramelized. Add a little bit of water if the pan looks too dry. Leave the plums on the side for a couple of minutes.
• Put the oats, milk, cinnamon, salt, and half of the orange zest into a pan and cook for 10 minutes over a very small heat, stirring from time to time.
• Spoon the porridge into two bowls, and top with previously prepared plums, crushed walnuts, rest of the orange zest and some extra honey.