RICE PUDDING WITH BLACKBERRY COMPOTE
For the rice pudding:
• 1 tbsp coconut oil (for greasing)
• 450 ml whole fat milk
• 1 tbsp good quality honey
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
• freshly grated nutmeg
• 1 vanilla pod
• 50 g short-grain pudding rice
For the blackberry compote:
• 100 g blackberries
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• Preheat the oven to 150 ºC and grease a small baking dish with coconut oil.
• Place the milk, honey, cinnamon, ginger, and generous grating of nutmeg into in a large pot. Scrape in the seeds of vanilla pod and heat the whole mixture until simmering.
• Rinse the rice under cold water and place into previously prepared baking dish and cover with the milk mixture. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are nicely combined.
• Bake for 45 minutes and stir it couple of times to make sure the rice cooks evenly.
• 10 minutes before taking the pudding out of the oven, place blackberries and honey in a small pan over a medium heat and cook them for around 2 minutes until soften. Add the lemon juice.
• Serve hot or cold, topped with the blackberry compote.