SAUTÉ LEEKS TARTINES WITH WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE
For the whipped goat cheese:
• 100 g soft goat cheese
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• sea salt and black pepper, to season
For the sauté leeks:
• 200 g leeks, white and light-green parts only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Sea salt and black pepper – to season
• 4 slices of good sourdough bread
• 1 tsp od Dijon mustard
• In a medium size bowl, combine the goat cheese, together with the olive oil and garlic.
• Beat with an electric whisk for around 2 minutes, until smooth and light. Place it in the fridge, until ready to use.
• Place a medium size pan over a medium heat and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the leeks and stir until fully cover with olive oil. Turn the heat down and cook the leeks for around 10 minutes until tender and slightly brown.
• Season with salt and a lot of freshly ground pepper.
• Toast 4 slices of good sourdough bread and spread them with a thin layer of Dijon mustard and whipped goat cheese.
• Top with the leeks and season with more black pepper.