• 400 g butternut squash, washed, peeled, and chopped into small cubes
• ½ onion, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• Olive oil
• Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
• 150 g walnuts, chopped
• 5 leaves fresh sage, chopped
• 30 g cheddar, grated
• Seal salt and black pepper, to season
• 1 egg
• 500 g all butter puff pastry
• Sesame seeds
• Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
• Place the butternut squash, onion, and minced garlic cloves in a medium size bowl, toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Spread the butternut squash evenly on a previously prepared tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft and golden brown.
• Remove from the oven and cool.
• Lower the oven temperature to 180°C.
• Transfer the butternut into a large mixing bowl, add chopped walnuts, sage leaves, and cheddar and mix until combined. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
• Unroll the pastry and arrange the butternut mixture along its length.
• Brush the edges with the beaten egg, tightly roll up and seal.
• Brush with more egg, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
• Cut the sausage roll into equal pieces and score with a knife.
• Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.