Dark Chocolate Crispy Bars
I love experiencing different textures in one and this dark chocolate crispy bars meet all my expectations. This sweet mixture of dried apricots and nutritious seeds covered in a slightly bitter, dark chocolate is full of wholesome ingredients, does not contain any refined sugars or flour, is gluten and dairy free and blissfully vegan.
I like to enjoy those delicious bars in the afternoon, but they make a great snack at any time, especially when you crave an energy-boosting treat. They are also very easy to make and do not require any baking - simply mix all the ingredients together and top them with melted dark chocolate.
• 200 g dried apricots
• 100 g smooth almond butter
• 60 g wholegrain puffed rice cereal
• 50 g pumpkin seeds
• 50 g sunflower seeds
• 20 g chia seeds
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 100 g 70% dark chocolate
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Sea salt
• Place the apricots and the almond butter in a blender and blend until this forms a smooth, sticky paste.
• Place the rice, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl and add the almond paste.
• Mix slowly until the ingredients combine and the mixture is sticky.
• Line a baking tin (or any other square dish) with parchment paper and press the mixture into the prepared dish – make sure the ingredients are packed tightly.
• Melt the dark chocolate and add 1 tsp of the vanilla extract to it.
• Pour the chocolate over the previously prepared puffed rice mixture and sprinkle with sea salt.
• Place in the fridge for an hour until chocolate is set.
• Remove from the fridge and cut into bars.