Banana pancakes are my go-to weekend breakfast when I feel like having something a little bit more special than my regular porridge. My boys love it too as the pancakes are as fluffy and sweet as the regular American pancakes but made of light, healthy ingredients.
Halloween is a great occasion to have some extra fun in the kitchen - I have decided to use a cookie cutter to make Halloween Sunday a little more special.
• 2 large ripe bananas
• 2 free-range eggs
• 100g oats
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• Edible eyes (I used Wilton Large Candy Edible Eyeballs)
• Peel and mash the bananas with a fork until only a couple of small lumps are left.
• Add the eggs, oats and cinnamon and stir until completely combined.
• Heat a skillet and add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
• When the oil melts, pour around 3 tbsp of the batter into the pan.
• Cook your mini pancakes for around 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
• Use the Halloween cookie cutter to cut the fun shapes and decorate with edible eyes.
• Serve warm with chosen toppings.