Chocolate Halloween Cupcakes
What is not to like about these mini cupcakes? They are dairy and gluten free, look super cute, taste delicious and are made with wholesome ingredients. Even though they are made without sugar and white flour they do not compromise on taste! I promise these chocolate cupcakes will become your favourite treat from the very first bite.
The cupcake base is made with coconut flour (which is rich in fibre and gluten free) and topped with delicious and rich chocolate & almond butter frosting.You can enjoy them without any extra toppings so feel free to skip the last step if you trying to cut out white sugar. As a Halloween treat, I decorated my cupcakes with edible eyes and red and green sprinkles. They look such fun and kids LOVE them.
For the chocolate frosting:
• 120 g almond butter in room temperature
• 200 g date paste or dates, pitted
• 50 ml almond milk
• 5 tbsp cocoa powder
• pinch of salt
For the cupcake mixture
• 20 g almond flour
• 40 g cocoa powder
• 60 g coconut flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 3 large eggs
• 150 ml raw honey
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• pinch of salt
• 20 g dark chocolate, chopped
• Pack of edible eyes (I used Wilton Large Candy Edible Eyeballs)
• cupcake sprinkles
• Place all the frosting ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Chill it in the fridge for around 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
• Mix all the cupcake ingredients until smooth and spoon the mixture into the paper cases until approximately two-thirds full. Bake for around 7 minutes for mini cupcakes and 13 minutes for regular size cupcakes. If you not sure when ready, just insert a clean toothpick in the middle of the cupcake. If comes out clean, you can take them out from the oven. Leave the cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes.
• Fill the large piping bag with the frosting and pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
• Decorate with the edible eyes and cupcake sprinkles.