Embracing a heart-healthy lifestyle is not just about diet; it's about a holistic approach to well-being. I'm Simone Thomas, a wellness expert and founder of Simone Thomas Wellness, an award-winning international supplement brand. I'm here to guide you through key steps to foster a heart-healthy lifestyle, blending nutritious eating, regular exercise, stress management, and the right supplements.
Heart health is a vital aspect of overall well being, with heart and circulatory diseases contributing significantly to mortality. Maintaining optimal cholesterol levels is a key indicator in reducing heart disease risk.
Read on for my essential tips to guide you toward a heart-healthy diet.
Control portion sizes
Opt for smaller plates and prioritise nutrient-rich, low-calorie foods like fruits and vegetables. Be mindful of serving sizes to avoid overeating. Smaller portions of nutrient-rich foods can significantly impact heart health. Remember, it's not about eating less, but eating right.
Embrace fruits and vegetables
These natural powerhouses provide essential vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Aim to include a variety of colourful fruits and vegetables in your daily meals. Each month, Simone Thomas Nutrihome provides seasonal recipes that are both delicious and nutritious, perfect for supporting your heart health. Check it out for some inspiring meal ideas!
Choose whole grains
Opt for whole-grain alternatives over refined grains. Brown rice, quinoa, and whole-grain pasta are excellent choices that contribute to heart health.
Limit unhealthy fats
Reduce saturated and trans fats in your diet, opting for healthier alternatives like olive oil, canola oil, and nuts. Check food labels and choose wisely.
You should prioritise lean meats, poultry, fish, and plant-based protein sources like legumes. You should also try and limit your intake of high-fat meats and processed proteins.
Watch your sodium intake
Excessive salt consumption can lead to high blood pressure. Be cautious of processed foods and choose low-sodium alternatives. Embrace herbs and spices for flavour.
Plan balanced daily menus
Organise your meals with a focus on vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins. Variety not only makes meals interesting but also ensures a diverse nutrient intake.
Allow yourself occasional treats, but maintain balance. Consistency in healthy eating habits is key for long-term heart health.
Our supplements are expertly formulated with the finest ingredients to improve hair, skin and nails along with overall health & wellbeing.
EXTRA TIPS TO LOWER CHOLESTEROL
Cut back on saturated fats
Reduce intake of saturated fats found in meat, cheese, and certain oils. Opt for unsaturated oils like sunflower and olive.
Increase fibre intake
Consuming soluble fibre, found in whole grains, beans, fruits, and vegetables, can help lower cholesterol levels.
Incorporate regular exercise
Aim for at least two hours of aerobic HIIT exercise per week to reduce the risk of heart disease and increase HDL cholesterol. Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise weekly. Choose activities you enjoy for consistency and effectiveness in boosting heart health. Our blog has some great tips on how to improve your overall health through exercise and small changes to your lifestyle.
Quitting smoking improves HDL cholesterol levels, reducing heart disease risk. Seek support to quit successfully. Choose whole foods over processed: Opt for fresh, whole ingredients, and consider a plant-based, Mediterranean-style diet for heart health.
Specially curated supplements
- Biotin Brilliance: This supplement is packed with B vitamins like Biotin, Folic Acid, and Vitamin B12, which are essential for energy and healthy nerves. They're especially good for your heart as they help break down a harmful amino acid linked to heart disease.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Known for its antioxidant benefits, Ginkgo Biloba improves blood flow by widening blood vessels and making blood less sticky. This can help prevent artery hardening and other heart issues, ensuring your heart gets all the oxygen and nutrients it needs.
- Skin Quencher: While aimed at improving skin health, this supplement's Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that protects your whole body, including your heart. It fights against oxidative stress, which can cause inflammation and damage to your heart's blood vessels.
- Super Greens: Loaded with Selenium, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Spirulina, this supplement strengthens your immune system and aids in detoxification. Its antioxidants guard your heart and blood vessels, and Spirulina is beneficial in managing cholesterol levels, boosting good cholesterol and lowering the bad.
- Everyday Wellness: This probiotic supplement is filled with good bacteria and prebiotics. It's great for gut health, which is surprisingly linked to heart health. A healthy gut can lower inflammation and help manage cholesterol levels, supporting a healthy heart.
Remember, a balanced and enjoyable approach to healthy eating is a symphony for your heart’s well-being. Consistent, small changes lead to significant long-term benefits. For products and advice that are heart-made and heart-centred, visit our website today.Visit our website