Healthy Snickers Bites
Vegan, gluten free, with no refined sugars - these little bites will quickly become your new healthy obsession. They make for a perfect afternoon snack, when your energy levels are running low or when you need a little treat with your afternoon tea. I love to keep mine in the freezer and take them out about 5 minutes before I am ready to eat, for an ice-cream- like texture. Simply delicious!
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
- Calories: 156.31kcal
- Total Fat: 8.86g
- Carbs: 18.31g
- Sugars: 14.41g
- Protein: 2.99g
- Sodium: 94.85mg
- Fibre: 2.36g
- 10 medjool dates
- 60g peanut butter
- 100g dark chocolate, we used 70% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 30g chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Sea Salt
- Cut the dates lengthways and remove the stone.
- Use a teaspoon to fill each date with peanut butter.
- If the peanut butter is too runny, place the dates in the freezer for 15 minutes - it will make it easier for you to dip them in the dark chocolate.
- Melt the dark chocolate with coconut oil in a microwave or over a bain-marie.
- Dip the dates really gently, one by one, in a bowl of melted dark chocolate and transfer one by one to a piece of parchment paper placed on a flat surface.
- Top the chocolate dates with chopped peanuts and a sprinkle of sea salt and place in a fridge or freezer for around 20 minutes.
- Chill until the chocolate has set and enjoy.