Raspberry Kombucha Mocktail
I love delicious drinks, especially when they are low in sugar and alcohol-free. I am pretty sure most people are familiar with kombucha as it has been super trendy for a couple of years now. Kombucha is a fermented tea made up of a few simple ingredients: tea, water, sugar, yeast and bacteria that help with the fermentation process (called SCOBY - which stands for “symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast).
Kombucha makes a great base for any cocktail/mocktail because of its sweet/tarty flavour. It is also packed with healthy probiotic and antioxidants and makes a perfect alternative to alcohol, especially if you are going sober for October.
• 170 ml water
• 3 tablespoons good quality honey
• 60 g raspberries
• 2 springs of rosemary
• ice cubes
• 300 ml of your favourite kombucha (I have used raspberry and lemon flavoured kombucha)
• Bring the water, honey, raspberries and one rosemary sprig to a boil in a small pan and simmer for around 20 minutes until it thickens.
• Remove it from the heat and let it cool.
• Remove the rosemary sprig and combine the raspberry syrup with 300 ml of kombucha, shake the mixture and add the ice.
• Shake the mocktail again and strain into serving glasses.
• Add some ice cubes and decorate with the rosemary sprig and raspberries.