Dark Chocolate Bark
This dark chocolate bark is a great alternative to a traditional chocolate bar and will come in handy when your energy levels are low, and you need a little boost to get you through the day! A mix of 70 % dark chocolate (containing iron and magnesium) and the superfoods – dried cherries, nuts and seeds is the kind of snack that will make you feel good and tastes delicious!
I like making a big batch and keeping it in a Tupperware box to make sure I always have a healthy snack at hand to satisfy the little cravings. Feel free to replace any of the ingredients or add any - there are so many delicious flavour options you can try-from whole hazelnuts and raisins to orange peel and cranberries – make it your own!
• 200 g 70% dark chocolate
• 30 g sunflower seeds
• 40 g nuts of your choice (I used pistachios and almonds)
• 30 g dried cherries
• Break the chocolate and place it into a heatproof bowl. Sit over the pan of simmering water and allow chocolate to melt.
• Meanwhile, line a small baking tray with baking parchment.
• Pour the melted chocolate onto the previously prepared tray and spread evenly using a spatula.
• Sprinkle all the ingredients evenly over the chocolate.
• Let the chocolate bark cool at room temperature for around 4 hours, until completely set.
• When hardened, use your hands to break the bark into smaller pieces.
• Store at room temperature in a Tupperware box.